The first image from Robert De Niro’s second boxing-flick for ’14, “Hands of Stone” has been released.
In “Hands of Stone”, the “Grudge Match” star plays retired boxing trainer Ray Arcel, with Edgar Ramirez (“Carlos the Jackal”, “The Bourne Ultimatum”) as his pupil, Panama boxing great Roberto Duran. Duran won 103 of 119 contests, taking down greats like Vinny Pazienza and Marvin Hagler; Duran might be best remembered for prematurely calling quits on a well-remembered bout with Sugar Ray Leonard.
De Niro’s Ray Arcel is a legend of the boxing circuit, working the ropes since the ’30s until his death in 1994. At the time Duran called on his services, he was retired but lured back into the ring to help the Panamanian achieve victory.
Jonathan Jakubowicz’s film also stars ’80s sexpot Ellen Barkin (“Sea of Love”), John Turturro (“Transformers”), Jurnee Smollett-Bell (“Friday Night Lights”), musician cum actor Usher Raymond, and Drea De Niro.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.