Harlan Ellison is America’s favourite grumpy old man science fiction writer. If you’ve never seen his YouTube video eviscerating Warner Bros for trying to use his work without paying him or disembowelling the glossy sheen of Saving Mr Banks you’ve missed a treat.
So sci-fi geeks (not the ”Star Wars” kind, they’ll collectively sneer down their noses at you) can all celebrate with the news that the iconic writer has granted an option for one his works for a film project for the first time.
His 1965 story ‘Repent, Harlequin! Said the Ticktock Man’ has been optioned by producer J Michael Straczynski (”World War Z”, ”Thor”), who had to deliver a finished screenplay to Ellison before the author would agree.
Even better (and geekier), Straczynski will now approach production partners and directors to get the ball rolling. First on his list? Only Peter Jackson and Guillermo Del Toro…
- Map to the Stars - March 5, 2015
- The Voices - March 5, 2015
- Jupiter Ascending - March 5, 2015
- Focus - March 5, 2015
- VOD Views – March 1, 2015 - March 1, 2015
- Anne Hathaway – Song One - February 23, 2015
- Fifty Shades of Grey - February 13, 2015
- The Hundred-Foot Journey - February 9, 2015
- Alien Outpost - February 9, 2015
- The Rise and Fall of Bitcoin - February 3, 2015