Australia’s David Michod (“Animal Kingdom”, “The Rover”) will direct the pilot of Starz’s new drama series “Flesh and Bone”.
Set in the world of competitive ballet and created/executive produced by ”Breaking Bad”‘s Moira Walley-Beckett, the “dark and gritty” series follows a determined young woman – complete with troubled past – as she settles into a prestigious ballet company in the Big Apple.
Deadline says :
The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world
“I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.”
Though Michod had helmed an episode of HBO’s “Enlightened”, this is the first time he’s directed a pilot.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015