Australia’s David Michod (“Animal Kingdom”, “The Rover”) will direct the pilot of Starz’s new drama series “Flesh and Bone”.
Set in the world of competitive ballet and created/executive produced by ”Breaking Bad”‘s Moira Walley-Beckett, the “dark and gritty” series follows a determined young woman – complete with troubled past – as she settles into a prestigious ballet company in the Big Apple.
Deadline says :
The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world
“I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.”
Though Michod had helmed an episode of HBO’s “Enlightened”, this is the first time he’s directed a pilot.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014