Australia’s David Michod (“Animal Kingdom”, “The Rover”) will direct the pilot of Starz’s new drama series “Flesh and Bone”.
Set in the world of competitive ballet and created/executive produced by ”Breaking Bad”‘s Moira Walley-Beckett, the “dark and gritty” series follows a determined young woman – complete with troubled past – as she settles into a prestigious ballet company in the Big Apple.
Deadline says :
The series follows a young ballet dancer, Claire (Sarah Hay), who has a distinctly troubled past, as she joins a prestigious ballet company in New York. The dark and gritty series will unflinchingly explore the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world
“I’m entirely enamored of the visual, visceral, artful way David tells story,” said Walley-Beckett. “His style and sensibility is very much in alignment with my vision of my show.”
Though Michod had helmed an episode of HBO’s “Enlightened”, this is the first time he’s directed a pilot.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015