“Hustle & Flow” ‘pimp’ Terrence Howard is returning to the scratch mat and boogie-woogie for a new family drama set in the world of hip-hop, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Howard will play Lucious Lyon, the head of a record label, in the drama from The Butler’s Daniels and Strong. Lucious is described as charismatic, tough, wise and a superstar in the music industry who oversees Empire Entertainment and is about to take the company public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Howard appears in another TV venture this year, FOX’s “Wayward Pines” from M.Night Shyamalan. The “Iron Man” star also starred on the short-lived “Law & Order : LA”.
The series will reunite with Howard with Danny Strong, the actor turned writer who penned “The Butler”.
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015