“Hustle & Flow” ‘pimp’ Terrence Howard is returning to the scratch mat and boogie-woogie for a new family drama set in the world of hip-hop, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Howard will play Lucious Lyon, the head of a record label, in the drama from The Butler’s Daniels and Strong. Lucious is described as charismatic, tough, wise and a superstar in the music industry who oversees Empire Entertainment and is about to take the company public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Howard appears in another TV venture this year, FOX’s “Wayward Pines” from M.Night Shyamalan. The “Iron Man” star also starred on the short-lived “Law & Order : LA”.
The series will reunite with Howard with Danny Strong, the actor turned writer who penned “The Butler”.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015