“Hustle & Flow” ‘pimp’ Terrence Howard is returning to the scratch mat and boogie-woogie for a new family drama set in the world of hip-hop, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Howard will play Lucious Lyon, the head of a record label, in the drama from The Butler’s Daniels and Strong. Lucious is described as charismatic, tough, wise and a superstar in the music industry who oversees Empire Entertainment and is about to take the company public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Howard appears in another TV venture this year, FOX’s “Wayward Pines” from M.Night Shyamalan. The “Iron Man” star also starred on the short-lived “Law & Order : LA”.
The series will reunite with Howard with Danny Strong, the actor turned writer who penned “The Butler”.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015