“Hustle & Flow” ‘pimp’ Terrence Howard is returning to the scratch mat and boogie-woogie for a new family drama set in the world of hip-hop, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Howard will play Lucious Lyon, the head of a record label, in the drama from The Butler’s Daniels and Strong. Lucious is described as charismatic, tough, wise and a superstar in the music industry who oversees Empire Entertainment and is about to take the company public. Raised on the streets, he has never backed away from a fight and will resort to any measures, fair or foul, to defend his beloved Empire.
Howard appears in another TV venture this year, FOX’s “Wayward Pines” from M.Night Shyamalan. The “Iron Man” star also starred on the short-lived “Law & Order : LA”.
The series will reunite with Howard with Danny Strong, the actor turned writer who penned “The Butler”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014