Tina Fey will star in and produce “Taliban Shuffle” for Paramount, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project, which reunites Fey with “Saturday Night Live” head-honcho Lorne Michaels (serving as producer), is an adaptation of journalist Kim Barker’s wartime memoir.
Robert Carlock, a writer on Fey’s “30 Rock”, penned the script for the film “which tells of Barker’s arrival as a fish-out-of-water in Kabul, filing stories about militants, being a woman in wartime Iraq and Pakistan, dealing with boredom interspersed with dashes of violence and the promiscuous war correspondent culture.”
The book, released in March 2012, is said to fix on the absurdities of war by using dark humour.
No director is attached.
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015