Tina Fey will star in and produce “Taliban Shuffle” for Paramount, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project, which reunites Fey with “Saturday Night Live” head-honcho Lorne Michaels (serving as producer), is an adaptation of journalist Kim Barker’s wartime memoir.
Robert Carlock, a writer on Fey’s “30 Rock”, penned the script for the film “which tells of Barker’s arrival as a fish-out-of-water in Kabul, filing stories about militants, being a woman in wartime Iraq and Pakistan, dealing with boredom interspersed with dashes of violence and the promiscuous war correspondent culture.”
The book, released in March 2012, is said to fix on the absurdities of war by using dark humour.
No director is attached.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015