Tina Fey will star in and produce “Taliban Shuffle” for Paramount, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project, which reunites Fey with “Saturday Night Live” head-honcho Lorne Michaels (serving as producer), is an adaptation of journalist Kim Barker’s wartime memoir.
Robert Carlock, a writer on Fey’s “30 Rock”, penned the script for the film “which tells of Barker’s arrival as a fish-out-of-water in Kabul, filing stories about militants, being a woman in wartime Iraq and Pakistan, dealing with boredom interspersed with dashes of violence and the promiscuous war correspondent culture.”
The book, released in March 2012, is said to fix on the absurdities of war by using dark humour.
No director is attached.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014