We all know Olivia Marne loved movies -she wrote about them day-in day-out on here for a good couple of years.
But what you probably weren’t aware of which ones she liked.
What about music? Anyone in the audience know which bands or songs ‘Liv’ liked?
And how about her obsession with Bruce Willis – were you aware of it? Were you aware of the poster of Bruce on the back of her en-suite door!?
When it came to movies, Olivia would sit through anything -which likely explains why she so loved doing Moviehole. She would always find the positive in a poor film. One of her favourite movies was a film called “Color of Night”, a messy romantic thriller starring Bruce Willis and Jane March (that’s more famous for it’s sex, than it’s story) – remember that one?; everybody hated it, but she didn’t care – she liked it, and she stood by her claim. No surprise then to discover that Olivia’s favourite movies ranged from the weepie chick flick (“A Walk to Remember”, “The Notebook”, “You’ve Got Mail”) to the ‘Wow! I did not see that coming!’ variety – films like “Die Hard : With a Vengeance” (‘really?’ I would argue ‘Die Hard 3!? But not Die Hard 1!? You need an education, girly!) , “Get Him to the Greek”, “Independence Day” , “50 First Dates” and “Finding Nemo” (Oh, boy, did she love ‘Finding Nemo’ – it fit in with her ‘Everyone deserves to be loved!’ motto, I think).
The bunch of us at Moviehole have put together a ‘Getting to Know Who Olivia Was’ package, consisting of ten slides of things she liked or loved from the realm of entertainment.
It’s our way of saying goodbye.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015