Matt Ryan (“Criminal Minds”) is in talks to play John Constantine in NBC’s small-screen take on the DC Comics’ ‘Hellblazer’ series.
Ryan will play a master of the occult who, while battling the forces of darkness, struggles with his own faith and nightmares from his past.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
John is described as a working-class Londoner with deadpan humor who is a mysterious conman and occult detective haunted by the recent loss of a young girl’s soul. No stranger to the dark underworld that exists parallel to our own, Constantine has been studying the dark arts since he was a teenager. He’s taught himself spells, rituals, curses and conjuring, but the one person he most wishes to see — his mother, who died giving birth to him — remains out of reach, at least so far. When Liv, the daughter of a late friend, is targeted by demons, Constantine steps in to save her and the two form an alliance.
Neil Marshall (“The Descent”) will direct the pilot episode of the show.
Ryan would play a role Keanu Reeves originated on the big screen.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015