Matt Ryan (“Criminal Minds”) is in talks to play John Constantine in NBC’s small-screen take on the DC Comics’ ‘Hellblazer’ series.
Ryan will play a master of the occult who, while battling the forces of darkness, struggles with his own faith and nightmares from his past.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
John is described as a working-class Londoner with deadpan humor who is a mysterious conman and occult detective haunted by the recent loss of a young girl’s soul. No stranger to the dark underworld that exists parallel to our own, Constantine has been studying the dark arts since he was a teenager. He’s taught himself spells, rituals, curses and conjuring, but the one person he most wishes to see — his mother, who died giving birth to him — remains out of reach, at least so far. When Liv, the daughter of a late friend, is targeted by demons, Constantine steps in to save her and the two form an alliance.
Neil Marshall (“The Descent”) will direct the pilot episode of the show.
Ryan would play a role Keanu Reeves originated on the big screen.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014