Matt Ryan (“Criminal Minds”) is in talks to play John Constantine in NBC’s small-screen take on the DC Comics’ ‘Hellblazer’ series.
Ryan will play a master of the occult who, while battling the forces of darkness, struggles with his own faith and nightmares from his past.
The Hollywood Reporter says :
John is described as a working-class Londoner with deadpan humor who is a mysterious conman and occult detective haunted by the recent loss of a young girl’s soul. No stranger to the dark underworld that exists parallel to our own, Constantine has been studying the dark arts since he was a teenager. He’s taught himself spells, rituals, curses and conjuring, but the one person he most wishes to see — his mother, who died giving birth to him — remains out of reach, at least so far. When Liv, the daughter of a late friend, is targeted by demons, Constantine steps in to save her and the two form an alliance.
Neil Marshall (“The Descent”) will direct the pilot episode of the show.
Ryan would play a role Keanu Reeves originated on the big screen.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015