Update! In addition to Henrie, Deadline has a few other names to throw to the sharks. “Raini Rodriguez is in negotiations to reprise her role as Maya. Eduardo Verastegui (Bella) will play a Vegas hotelier whose hotel becomes a heist target. Nicholas Turturro (I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry) has been cast as one of Blart’s security guard rivals. And James’ brother, comedian Gary Valentine (The King of Queens), is set to play a sympathetic fellow security guard.”
“Wizards of Waverly Place” star David Henrie will join Kevin James in Sony’s sequel to “Paul Blart : Mall Cop”.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Henrie will play a young man courting Blart’s daughter.
[The film] follows James’ Paul Blart who attends a Security Guard Expo in Las Vegas with his daughter. Despite being teased by casino security and other attendees, Blart takes on a group of dangerous art thieves.
Henrie, 24, will play Lane, a valet attendant who meets Blart’s daughter (Raini Rodriguez), and they develop a crush on each other.
The movie, reuniting “Little Boy” co-stars Henrie and James, films in Vegas in April.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014