Jack O’Connell, the young up-and-comer who has a showy turn in Angelina Jolie’s “Unbroken” coming up, is in talks to headline the Universal thriller “Section 6″.
According to Deadline, the script for the thing was subject to a bidding war between the studios, suggesting it’s not only decent but obviously O’Connell – since they’re giving him the lead in the thing! – is a force to be reckoned with.
While his star will undoubtedly rise by the time the movie is made (a’la Jeremy Renner and “Bourne Legacy”), it’s safe to say “Section 6″ will be one of those ‘can this dude open a movie moments?. Test subject 4432.
The Adam Berg script sounds a little 007-ish; it revolves around the origins of MI6, the British intelligence agency founded during World War I – the organization Bond calls home.
O’Connell has a role in next month’s “300 : Rise of an Empire” (not that one expects that to be much of an acting showcase for anyone) opposite a few cartons of coconut oil and a wind machine.
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : A Little Chaos - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : Ana Maria in Novela Land - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : American Sniper - December 19, 2014
- Charlie Sheen reprising one of his classic roles - December 18, 2014
- Carell’s North Korea movie cancelled - December 18, 2014
- Stuhlbarg logs onto Jobs biopic - December 18, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.