Joseph Gordon-Levitt has officially signed to play French tightrope walker Philippe Petit in Robert Zemeckis’s 3D pic “To Walk in the Clouds”.
“To Reach The Clouds”, first announced in January (by Deadline, who also confirmed the casting of Gordon-Levitt today), will tell of the high wire artist’s cross of the World Trade Center in 1974.
The film, shot in 3D, will be “one part Ocean’s Eleven as Petit and his cohorts snuck to the top of the towers and managed to shoot a line across and get the rigging ready in time for Petit to shock the world in what is also a love letter to the Twin Towers and a simpler time gone by.”
Tom Rothman, the former FOX bigwig who recently resurrected TriStar, is producing.
The Petit biopic has been a pet project of Zemeckis’s (“Back to the Future”, “Flight”) for years.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015