Joseph Gordon-Levitt has officially signed to play French tightrope walker Philippe Petit in Robert Zemeckis’s 3D pic “To Walk in the Clouds”.
“To Reach The Clouds”, first announced in January (by Deadline, who also confirmed the casting of Gordon-Levitt today), will tell of the high wire artist’s cross of the World Trade Center in 1974.
The film, shot in 3D, will be “one part Ocean’s Eleven as Petit and his cohorts snuck to the top of the towers and managed to shoot a line across and get the rigging ready in time for Petit to shock the world in what is also a love letter to the Twin Towers and a simpler time gone by.”
Tom Rothman, the former FOX bigwig who recently resurrected TriStar, is producing.
The Petit biopic has been a pet project of Zemeckis’s (“Back to the Future”, “Flight”) for years.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015