Joseph Gordon-Levitt has officially signed to play French tightrope walker Philippe Petit in Robert Zemeckis’s 3D pic “To Walk in the Clouds”.
“To Reach The Clouds”, first announced in January (by Deadline, who also confirmed the casting of Gordon-Levitt today), will tell of the high wire artist’s cross of the World Trade Center in 1974.
The film, shot in 3D, will be “one part Ocean’s Eleven as Petit and his cohorts snuck to the top of the towers and managed to shoot a line across and get the rigging ready in time for Petit to shock the world in what is also a love letter to the Twin Towers and a simpler time gone by.”
Tom Rothman, the former FOX bigwig who recently resurrected TriStar, is producing.
The Petit biopic has been a pet project of Zemeckis’s (“Back to the Future”, “Flight”) for years.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014