”Home & Away” alum playing Keanu Reeves role in Point Break remake. Makes sense.
Luke Bracey, the former “Home & Away” actor who played Cobra Commander in last year’s “G.I Joe : Retaliation”, is set to play FBI Agent Johnny Utah in “Point Break”.
The 24-year-old actor reprises the role made famous by Keanu Reeves in the 1991 film.
Bracey joins Gerard Butler in Alcon Entertainment’s remake – Butler playing Bodhi (played by Patrick Swayze in the original), according to Deadline.
Ericson Core directs the new version, based on a script by Kurt Wimmer.
Bracey was also recently cast in the feature adaptation of Nicholas Sparks’ “The Best of Me”.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015