MarketSaw, who have been on the money in the past when it comes to “Star Wars” rumours, are reporting that several big names are locked in for roles in JJ Abrams’ “Star Wars Episode VII”.
According to the site, Benedict Cumberbatch and Gary Oldman – both heavily rumoured for a while now – are onboard.
In addition, original trilogy stars Billy Dee Williams (‘Lando’), Warwick Davis (‘Wicket’), Anthony Daniels (‘C3PO’) and Kenny Baker (‘R2-D2′) are returning. Ian McDiarmid, who played Emperor Palpatine, across both trilogies, is also back.
Harrison Ford is, as rumoured, back as Han Solo. He is also set to do ‘two’ more “Indiana Jones” movies, says the site. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are, as both have hinted, back as siblings Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia.
As for the storyline :
“Ultimately it’s about twins, and which will take a path towards darkness and which will follow in their fathers footsteps, or at least that is what it used to be, that may come later as I think changes are being undertaken to bring the original cast into the forefront of the story leading to ramifications that lead up to the next generation of Skywalkers.”
Can’t verify the legitimacy of the scoop, of course, but could be something to it.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013