With the success of the film on DVD, not to mention the hugely devoted fan base the movie has acquired since it’s theatrical release, “Dredd” might get a sequel after all.
At a convention in Las Vegas, star Karl Urban reportedly said -despite the first film’s weak performance at the box-office – there are “talks” of a follow-up.
What Culture report :
Karl Urban came on last and one of the first questions asked was if there is any chance of Dredd sequel. In what should be music to fans ears, he said ‘’conversations’’ are taking place between the studio, the director and writer Alex Garland. He commented that the cinema release of Dredd was badly handled but the film had found its audience on DVD and it has been noticed by the studio.
Wouldn’t be the first time a theatrical flop turned DVD hit has blessed a promising franchise with a new lease on life.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014