With the success of the film on DVD, not to mention the hugely devoted fan base the movie has acquired since it’s theatrical release, “Dredd” might get a sequel after all.
At a convention in Las Vegas, star Karl Urban reportedly said -despite the first film’s weak performance at the box-office – there are “talks” of a follow-up.
What Culture report :
Karl Urban came on last and one of the first questions asked was if there is any chance of Dredd sequel. In what should be music to fans ears, he said ‘’conversations’’ are taking place between the studio, the director and writer Alex Garland. He commented that the cinema release of Dredd was badly handled but the film had found its audience on DVD and it has been noticed by the studio.
Wouldn’t be the first time a theatrical flop turned DVD hit has blessed a promising franchise with a new lease on life.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015