“Wolf Creek” director Greg Mclean is set to direct Kevin Bacon in the Blumhouse horror pic “6 Miranda Drive”, according to THR.
The project, set to shoot in L.A in March, is about a family that returns from the Grand Canyon on a vacation, bringing back them with them some sort of supernatural force.
Bacon, the star of TVs “The Following”, as well as genre efforts “Stir of Echoes” and “R.I.P.D”, will likely be joined by Radha Mitchell, who is in talks to co-star (likely as the man’s wife). Mitchell, an Aussie native like her director, starred in Mclean’s “Rogue”.
No word yet on whether Mclean favourite John Jarratt, who has appeared in all three of his features, will have a role. Hopefully Michael Vartan, good in Mclean’s “Rogue”, might also be thrown a bone.
Prod co Blumhouse are responsible for such recent horror yarns as “Paranomal Activity”, “The Purge” and “Sinister”. The shingle also captained “Insidious”, which another Aussie, James Wan, directed.
Mclean’s “Wolf Creek 2″ recently opened in the top spot at the Australian box office. You can find more info on the film at At The Movies with David & Margaret.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014