Harald Zwart, Chris McKay, Mike Cahill and Jeff Wadlow are in the running to direct the long-gestating “Masters of the Universe” movie.
The Wrap reports that Zwart (“The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones”), McKay (“The LEGO Movie”) and Cahill (“Another Earth”) are on Sony/Columbia’s frontrunners-list for the top-job on their film adaptation of the ’80s toy-line/cartoon. While Justin Kroll tweeted that “Kick-Ass 2″ helmer Wadlow is also up for the job.
Terry Rossio wrote the most recent draft of the script, which initially had “G.I Joe : Retaliation” helmer Jon M.Chu interested in directing.
It’s gotta be said, boy have we come a long way since the days of John Woo directing the movie, hey!? *slap*
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014