Director Bryan Singer, whose “X-Men : Days of Future Past” is expected to be one of the big ticket cinema offerings this year, will direct the pilot episode of CBS’s “Battle Creek”.
Singer, who directed the “House” pilot (and the third episode of the first season), will also executive produce the 13-episode drama series.
The series will star “Rescue Me” and “Terminator : Sarah Connor Chronicles” star Dean Winters.
Says The Hollywood Reporter :
The drama, based on a 2002 spec from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan, centers on Russ (Dean Winters), a detective, and Milton, an FBI agent — two men with very different worldviews who are teamed up. Together, they must answer the question: Is cynicism, guile and deception enough to clean up the semi-mean streets of Battle Creek, Mich., in the face of a complete lack of resources? Or is the exact opposite — it takes naivete, trust and a boatload of resources — actually true?
Janet McTeer, Aubrey Dollar, Edward Fordham Jr. and Kal Penn also star in the show.
Singer had been developing a “Twilight Zone” reboot with CBS at one stage.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014