Director Bryan Singer, whose “X-Men : Days of Future Past” is expected to be one of the big ticket cinema offerings this year, will direct the pilot episode of CBS’s “Battle Creek”.
Singer, who directed the “House” pilot (and the third episode of the first season), will also executive produce the 13-episode drama series.
The series will star “Rescue Me” and “Terminator : Sarah Connor Chronicles” star Dean Winters.
Says The Hollywood Reporter :
The drama, based on a 2002 spec from Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan, centers on Russ (Dean Winters), a detective, and Milton, an FBI agent — two men with very different worldviews who are teamed up. Together, they must answer the question: Is cynicism, guile and deception enough to clean up the semi-mean streets of Battle Creek, Mich., in the face of a complete lack of resources? Or is the exact opposite — it takes naivete, trust and a boatload of resources — actually true?
Janet McTeer, Aubrey Dollar, Edward Fordham Jr. and Kal Penn also star in the show.
Singer had been developing a “Twilight Zone” reboot with CBS at one stage.
- RoboCop series in the works - May 5, 2015
- Louis C.K thinks he’s a Cop - May 5, 2015
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015