Penelope Ann Miller (“Carlito’s Way”, “The Artist”, “Kindergarten Cop”), seen recently on ABC’s “Mistresses”, has been cast in the network’s new drama pilot “American Crime”.
The John Ridkey-written/executive-produced drama “centers on the racially charged murder of a war veteran and the subsequent trial, which are examined through the personal lives of the players involved”, says Deadline, with Miller playing Eve, the emotionally shattered mother of the killed man’s badly beaten wife who is on life support.
Miller next appears in boxing drama “The Bronx Bull”, opposite William Forsythe.
Meantime, former “Weeds” star Mary Louise-Parker is set for the NBC Comedy pilot “Feed Me”, says Deadline.
The Paul Junger Witt and Tony Thomas-produced offering “is described as a comedic exploration of adult intimacy and desire that centers on a dysfunctional family bound by love and the restaurant they run together. And when daughter Emma’s husband has an affair, they circle the wagons to fiercely protect one of their own.”
Former “Medium” star Patricia Arquette will star in CSI’s next spin-off, this one centering on ‘Cyber Crimes’.
The first “CSI” series with a female lead, this one “centers on Avery Ryan (Arquette), Special Agent in Charge at the Cyber Crime Division of the FBI in Quantico, VA, who is tasked with solving high-octane crimes that start in the mind, live online, and play out into the real world”, says Deadline.
Arquette’s character will be introduced on an episode of “CSI” this Spring.
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015