Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have secured Oscar-nominated screenwriter Billy Ray (“Captain Phillips”) to pen their recently-announced project “The Balad of Richard Jewell”, reports Variety.
The real-life drama is based on Marie Brenner’s article in Vanity Fair which details the actions of a security guard at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games.
The security guard, Richard Jewel, discovers a knapsack bomb and helps to clear bystanders, only to become a suspect in the case.
The film will reunite “Wolf of Wall Street” stars Jonah Hill, who will play Jewel, and Leonardo DiCaprio, who will play Jewel’s attorney.
You can read the Vanity Fair article, “American Nightmare: The Ballad of Richard Jewel”, here.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.