In news that’s sure to surprise some, fired “Grey’s Anatomy” star Isaiah Washington is set to return to the hit ABC drama, years after he was let go. The actor, shown the door after homophobic comments (aimed at co-star T.R Knight) caused a big stir on and off set, has been asked to reprise Dr. Preston Burke for an appearance in May.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Washington – who recently spoke candidly to Moviehole’s Carly Dennis about his regretful actions on the set of “Grey’s – is back to tie-up the storyline of one of the show’s most beloved characters, Cristina Yang, played by Sandra Oh. Oh, who has been with the series since its inception, is exiting this season.
“It’s important to me that Cristina’s journey unfolds exactly as it should,” showrunner Shonda Rhimes said in a statement. “Burke is vital to that journey — he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang.”
Washington’s last appearance on “Grey’s Anatomy” was on the third season finale.
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015