In news that’s sure to surprise some, fired “Grey’s Anatomy” star Isaiah Washington is set to return to the hit ABC drama, years after he was let go. The actor, shown the door after homophobic comments (aimed at co-star T.R Knight) caused a big stir on and off set, has been asked to reprise Dr. Preston Burke for an appearance in May.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Washington – who recently spoke candidly to Moviehole’s Carly Dennis about his regretful actions on the set of “Grey’s – is back to tie-up the storyline of one of the show’s most beloved characters, Cristina Yang, played by Sandra Oh. Oh, who has been with the series since its inception, is exiting this season.
“It’s important to me that Cristina’s journey unfolds exactly as it should,” showrunner Shonda Rhimes said in a statement. “Burke is vital to that journey — he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang.”
Washington’s last appearance on “Grey’s Anatomy” was on the third season finale.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015