With “300 : Rise of an Empire” pocketing some big biccies at both the domestic and international box-office this weekend, no surprise to hear the wheels are already turning on a third chapter in the swords n’ sandals franchise.
Producer Mark Canton tells Collider that, all things going to plan, we’ll be seeing a third chapter in the series soon.
** spoiler warning ***
As opposed to the first “300”, the new film ends with “people living still”, says Canton, “including Xerxes – who is a really bad boy – who is up there looming still. I, myself, hope there are more because I want to see what happens to Xerxes – I’m tired of him just being there.
** end spoiler ***
Canton says, for the audience’s sake, he expects Zack Snyder and Kurt Johnstad to come up with a third one a lot quicker than they did a second one.
The producer also said they’re out to writers on an “Immortals” sequel; if they get the right story, they’ll do it.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014