Umpteen years after the failed Weinstein company version – which Kevin Smith was attached to direct, with Jason Lee the frontrunner to play the title role – Jason Sudeikis is in negotiations to play ‘Fletch’ in a reboot set up at Warner Bros, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The “We’re the Millers” actor reprises a role made famous by Chevy Chase in the 1985 film of the same name.
“Fletch Won” will reportedly share more in common with the Gregory MacDonald novels that the character first originated in, than the two Chase-starring “Fletch” films.
Producing the “gritty action comedy” are Anonymous Content’s Steve Golin and Michael Sugar along with David List.
It’s open slather on classic Chevy Chase movies at the moment, with “Vacation” also headed for the reboot treatment soon.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014