Olivia Wilde has joined the cast of HBO’s untitled rock ‘n’ roll drama, to be exec produced by Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter, George Mastras and the Rolling Stone’s Mick Jagger.
Wilde will star alongside Bobby Cannavale with the hour-long pilot episode looking likely to begin production within the next 6 months.
Set in 1970s New York, the pilot looks at the drug and sex filled music scene of the time, as punk and disco were taking over. The story is told from the perspective of record executive Richie Finestra (Cannavale) who is trying to resurrect his label and discover the next new sound.
Wilde will play Richie’s wife, Devon Finestra, a former actress/model who lived a Bohemian lifestyle in 1960s New York. When Richie is confronted with a life-altering decision, prompting a crisis of character, Devon re-immerses herself in her former lifestyle.
Winter will pen the script from which Scorsese will direct. Mastras will serve as showrunner.
In the meantime, fans can look forward to Wilde’s return to the small screen. The actress got her break on Fox’s “House” before moving onto other projects.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.