Olivia Wilde has joined the cast of HBO’s untitled rock ‘n’ roll drama, to be exec produced by Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter, George Mastras and the Rolling Stone’s Mick Jagger.
Wilde will star alongside Bobby Cannavale with the hour-long pilot episode looking likely to begin production within the next 6 months.
Set in 1970s New York, the pilot looks at the drug and sex filled music scene of the time, as punk and disco were taking over. The story is told from the perspective of record executive Richie Finestra (Cannavale) who is trying to resurrect his label and discover the next new sound.
Wilde will play Richie’s wife, Devon Finestra, a former actress/model who lived a Bohemian lifestyle in 1960s New York. When Richie is confronted with a life-altering decision, prompting a crisis of character, Devon re-immerses herself in her former lifestyle.
Winter will pen the script from which Scorsese will direct. Mastras will serve as showrunner.
In the meantime, fans can look forward to Wilde’s return to the small screen. The actress got her break on Fox’s “House” before moving onto other projects.
- Scandal’s Jenna Bans sells new show to ABC - January 29, 2015
- Supergirl’s love interest is cast! - January 29, 2015
- Geoffrey Rush will play Oliver! composer - January 29, 2015
- Cruz and Kruger for This Man, This Woman - January 29, 2015
- Matthew McConaughey is Born to Run - January 28, 2015
- The 2016 Golden Globe Awards are a-go! - January 28, 2015
- Elton John’s new show picked up by HBO - January 28, 2015
- Paramount shuffles three upcoming horror pics - January 28, 2015
- Will Smith’s Concussion to bow Christmas Day - January 28, 2015
- Ghostbusters cast and release date revealed! - January 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.