Olivia Wilde has joined the cast of HBO’s untitled rock ‘n’ roll drama, to be exec produced by Martin Scorsese, Terence Winter, George Mastras and the Rolling Stone’s Mick Jagger.
Wilde will star alongside Bobby Cannavale with the hour-long pilot episode looking likely to begin production within the next 6 months.
Set in 1970s New York, the pilot looks at the drug and sex filled music scene of the time, as punk and disco were taking over. The story is told from the perspective of record executive Richie Finestra (Cannavale) who is trying to resurrect his label and discover the next new sound.
Wilde will play Richie’s wife, Devon Finestra, a former actress/model who lived a Bohemian lifestyle in 1960s New York. When Richie is confronted with a life-altering decision, prompting a crisis of character, Devon re-immerses herself in her former lifestyle.
Winter will pen the script from which Scorsese will direct. Mastras will serve as showrunner.
In the meantime, fans can look forward to Wilde’s return to the small screen. The actress got her break on Fox’s “House” before moving onto other projects.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.