Chris McKay, who served as animation co-director on the first movie, will direct the next “LEGO Movie”, says Deadline.
Chicago-native McKay inherits the director’s cap from Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” and “21 Jump Street” directors who’ve achieved great success with the first film, now a bonafide smash. Miller and Lord will produce the sequel.
Though McKay has directed episodes of “Robot Chicken” and “Titan Maximum”, “The LEGO Movie 2″ will be his first feature as director.
Jared Stern (“The Internship”) and Michelle Morgan (“Girl Most Likely”) are writing the sequel,
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015