J.K Simmons has joined the cast of “Terminator : Genesis”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The trade says the “Spider-Man” alum is playing “a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades (since 1984, which, not coincidentally, is the year the original movie, directed by James Cameron, was released).”
We recently reported that “Terminator : Genesis” will feature characters from Cameron’s original film, including Detective Hal Vukovich, the cop who gets caught up in the Sarah Connor case.
Our money’s on Simmons taking over that role, previously played by Lance Henriksen in the original “Terminator”.
Simmons, whose other credits include “Labor Day” and “Juno”, joins Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney in director Alan Taylor’s reboot-spin-off hybrid.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015