J.K Simmons has joined the cast of “Terminator : Genesis”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The trade says the “Spider-Man” alum is playing “a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades (since 1984, which, not coincidentally, is the year the original movie, directed by James Cameron, was released).”
We recently reported that “Terminator : Genesis” will feature characters from Cameron’s original film, including Detective Hal Vukovich, the cop who gets caught up in the Sarah Connor case.
Our money’s on Simmons taking over that role, previously played by Lance Henriksen in the original “Terminator”.
Simmons, whose other credits include “Labor Day” and “Juno”, joins Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney in director Alan Taylor’s reboot-spin-off hybrid.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015