J.K Simmons has joined the cast of “Terminator : Genesis”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The trade says the “Spider-Man” alum is playing “a weary and alcoholic detective who has followed a bizarre case involving Sarah Connor and robots for more than three decades (since 1984, which, not coincidentally, is the year the original movie, directed by James Cameron, was released).”
We recently reported that “Terminator : Genesis” will feature characters from Cameron’s original film, including Detective Hal Vukovich, the cop who gets caught up in the Sarah Connor case.
Our money’s on Simmons taking over that role, previously played by Lance Henriksen in the original “Terminator”.
Simmons, whose other credits include “Labor Day” and “Juno”, joins Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney in director Alan Taylor’s reboot-spin-off hybrid.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014