Guy Pearce is in talks to appear alongside Johnny Depp in Warner Bros and Cross Creek’s “Black Mass”.
Earlier today it was reported that Pearce had exited “Strangerland” (with Joseph Fiennes now filling in); this new news shines a light on the reasons for that departure.
Pearce is up for the role of the brother of famous Boston mob boss Whitey Bulger, Variety has reported.
Depp will play Bulger and Joel Edgerton is also on board to play FBI agent John Connolly. Scott Cooper will direct.
Whitey Bulger was not only a crime boss but an FBI informant, using this status to eliminate his criminal competition. In the early 2000’s, however, a childhood friend alerted him to the fed’s knowledge of his criminal behaviours. Bulger fled, hiding out in Santa Monica with his girlfriend, and remained uncaught until 2011.
Cross Creek and Warner Bros will co-finance the project, with Courtenay Valenti overseeing for the studio.
For now, you can catch Pearce in “Iron Man 3”, “Hateship Love” and in David Michod’s upcoming thriller “The Rover”.
- Trailer: Absolutely Anything - May 4, 2015
- First look: Suicide Squad assembles - May 3, 2015
- Stunning new Mad Max: Fury Road images - May 3, 2015
- Kyle Patrick Alvarez to helm YA thriller Acceleration - May 3, 2015
- SundanceTV casts James Purefoy in Hap and Leonard - May 2, 2015
- Power Ranges delayed until 2017 - May 2, 2015
- Dakota Fanning & Helen Hunt to star in Please Stand By - May 2, 2015
- Barbershop 3 hires Regina Hall - May 2, 2015
- Josh Hutcherson boards James Franco’s The Long Home - May 2, 2015
- First look at Megan Fox & Stephen Amell in TMNT2 - May 2, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.