Steve Carell will star in and produce a feature based on David Menasche’s memoir ”The Priority List: A Teacher’s Final Quest to Discover Life’s Greatest Lessons” for Warner Bros.
The film, which marks Carell’s return to drama following the upcoming “Foxcatcher”, tells of a cancer-stricken teacher who sets off on a journey to catch up with former students from his 15-year teaching career.
Says The Hollywood Reporter :
In 2006, Menasche, then a Miami high school teacher, was told he only had a few months left to live after being diagnosed with brain cancer. He managed to extend his life via several surgeries and years of chemo but a seizure in 2012 ended his teaching career.
Menasche then decided to embark on a cross-country journey to reconnect with former students from his 15-year teaching career, come to terms with his illness and learn to live fully in the present. (He is still alive.)
Carell next appears in family comedy “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.”
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015