Steve Carell will star in and produce a feature based on David Menasche’s memoir ”The Priority List: A Teacher’s Final Quest to Discover Life’s Greatest Lessons” for Warner Bros.
The film, which marks Carell’s return to drama following the upcoming “Foxcatcher”, tells of a cancer-stricken teacher who sets off on a journey to catch up with former students from his 15-year teaching career.
Says The Hollywood Reporter :
In 2006, Menasche, then a Miami high school teacher, was told he only had a few months left to live after being diagnosed with brain cancer. He managed to extend his life via several surgeries and years of chemo but a seizure in 2012 ended his teaching career.
Menasche then decided to embark on a cross-country journey to reconnect with former students from his 15-year teaching career, come to terms with his illness and learn to live fully in the present. (He is still alive.)
Carell next appears in family comedy “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.”
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015