Two new stills from 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios’ (3D CGI) “Peanuts” movie have been released via USA Today.
Craig Schulz, son of the late ‘Peanuts’ creator Charles M. Schulz, is producing the film and believe it’s due time Charlie Brown and Snoopy were back in theaters (the last time the ‘Peanuts’ gang were in cinemas was back in 1980 with “Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don’t Come Back!!)..”).
“It’s long overdue,” says Schulz. “The fans have been asking for a long time, but we held off until the time was right.”
Bryan Schultz and his writing partner Cornelius Uliano penned the screenplay.
“With my father’s work this is three generation of Shulzes on this film,” says Craig Schultz.
The movie, which will reunite all the classic characters from the “Peanuts” toons (including Peppermint Patty, Pig-Pen and The Little red-haired girl), is directed by Steve Martino.
Producer Paul Feig, of “Bridesmaids” fame, calls the 3-D “effortless” and says everyone is working to ensure that the “sweet optimism” of the original material remains. “Snoopy will not be rapping, no one will be twerking, we’re in good hands,” he says.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015