Two new stills from 20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios’ (3D CGI) “Peanuts” movie have been released via USA Today.
Craig Schulz, son of the late ‘Peanuts’ creator Charles M. Schulz, is producing the film and believe it’s due time Charlie Brown and Snoopy were back in theaters (the last time the ‘Peanuts’ gang were in cinemas was back in 1980 with “Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don’t Come Back!!)..”).
“It’s long overdue,” says Schulz. “The fans have been asking for a long time, but we held off until the time was right.”
Bryan Schultz and his writing partner Cornelius Uliano penned the screenplay.
“With my father’s work this is three generation of Shulzes on this film,” says Craig Schultz.
The movie, which will reunite all the classic characters from the “Peanuts” toons (including Peppermint Patty, Pig-Pen and The Little red-haired girl), is directed by Steve Martino.
Producer Paul Feig, of “Bridesmaids” fame, calls the 3-D “effortless” and says everyone is working to ensure that the “sweet optimism” of the original material remains. “Snoopy will not be rapping, no one will be twerking, we’re in good hands,” he says.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014