On the company’s annual shareholders call this morning, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that “Star Wars Episode VII” will begin shooting in London in May.
Though Iger wouldn’t speak on casting (so far only R2D2 has been confirmed), he did reiterate where the new film falls on the ‘Wars timeline. The film, directed by JJ Abrams, would be set 30 years after the events of “Return of the Jedi”.
While those details again suggest the return of most of the original cast, Iger wouldn’t touch on casting only hinting that the film will be shepherded by three new young heroes.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015