On the company’s annual shareholders call this morning, Walt Disney CEO Bob Iger announced that “Star Wars Episode VII” will begin shooting in London in May.
Though Iger wouldn’t speak on casting (so far only R2D2 has been confirmed), he did reiterate where the new film falls on the ‘Wars timeline. The film, directed by JJ Abrams, would be set 30 years after the events of “Return of the Jedi”.
While those details again suggest the return of most of the original cast, Iger wouldn’t touch on casting only hinting that the film will be shepherded by three new young heroes.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014