Hollywood muscle Channing Tatum is set to produce the film adaptation of the Joe Nesbo novel “The Son”, says Deadline.
The “22 Jump Street” star and his producing partner Reid Carolin may also co-direct the movie.
“The Son”, released in Norway tomorrow and in the U.S in May, was acquired by WB and Langley Park in 2012.
The novel focuses on a young man who is in prison because he took the rap for crimes that others committed. The thriller starts as the young man’s father, who is said to be a corrupt cop, commits suicide. When the son learns that his father was actually an honest man who was murdered, he escapes to avenge the killing. Along the way, he also begins to rectify the crimes to which he confessed.
It’s envisioned that Tatum might star in the film too, but he hasn’t decided yet; first things first, they need to get a writer and a script done.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015