Hollywood muscle Channing Tatum is set to produce the film adaptation of the Joe Nesbo novel “The Son”, says Deadline.
The “22 Jump Street” star and his producing partner Reid Carolin may also co-direct the movie.
“The Son”, released in Norway tomorrow and in the U.S in May, was acquired by WB and Langley Park in 2012.
The novel focuses on a young man who is in prison because he took the rap for crimes that others committed. The thriller starts as the young man’s father, who is said to be a corrupt cop, commits suicide. When the son learns that his father was actually an honest man who was murdered, he escapes to avenge the killing. Along the way, he also begins to rectify the crimes to which he confessed.
It’s envisioned that Tatum might star in the film too, but he hasn’t decided yet; first things first, they need to get a writer and a script done.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014