Hollywood muscle Channing Tatum is set to produce the film adaptation of the Joe Nesbo novel “The Son”, says Deadline.
The “22 Jump Street” star and his producing partner Reid Carolin may also co-direct the movie.
“The Son”, released in Norway tomorrow and in the U.S in May, was acquired by WB and Langley Park in 2012.
The novel focuses on a young man who is in prison because he took the rap for crimes that others committed. The thriller starts as the young man’s father, who is said to be a corrupt cop, commits suicide. When the son learns that his father was actually an honest man who was murdered, he escapes to avenge the killing. Along the way, he also begins to rectify the crimes to which he confessed.
It’s envisioned that Tatum might star in the film too, but he hasn’t decided yet; first things first, they need to get a writer and a script done.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015