Woody Harrelson has hopped aboard the heist thriller “Triple Nine”, with Australian director John Hillcoat (“Lawless”) directing for Open Road Films.
The movie, which also features Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Winslet, Michael B. Jordan, Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, and Gal Gadot, reunites Harrelson with his “Out of the Furnace” co-star Casey Affleck.
Says Deadline :
Matt Cook scripted the thriller, in which a crew of dirty cops is blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack, triggering a breakneck, action-packed finale filled with double-crosses, greed and revenge.
Harrelson will play Sergeant Detective Jeffrey Allen, the uncle to the cop played by Casey Affleck
“Triple Nine” is due for release next year.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015