Woody Harrelson has hopped aboard the heist thriller “Triple Nine”, with Australian director John Hillcoat (“Lawless”) directing for Open Road Films.
The movie, which also features Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Winslet, Michael B. Jordan, Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, and Gal Gadot, reunites Harrelson with his “Out of the Furnace” co-star Casey Affleck.
Says Deadline :
Matt Cook scripted the thriller, in which a crew of dirty cops is blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack, triggering a breakneck, action-packed finale filled with double-crosses, greed and revenge.
Harrelson will play Sergeant Detective Jeffrey Allen, the uncle to the cop played by Casey Affleck
“Triple Nine” is due for release next year.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014