Woody Harrelson has hopped aboard the heist thriller “Triple Nine”, with Australian director John Hillcoat (“Lawless”) directing for Open Road Films.
The movie, which also features Chiwetel Ejiofor, Kate Winslet, Michael B. Jordan, Aaron Paul, Teresa Palmer, and Gal Gadot, reunites Harrelson with his “Out of the Furnace” co-star Casey Affleck.
Says Deadline :
Matt Cook scripted the thriller, in which a crew of dirty cops is blackmailed by the Russian mob to execute a virtually impossible heist. The only way to pull it off is to manufacture a 999, police code for “officer down”. Their plan is turned upside down when the unsuspecting rookie they set up to die foils the attack, triggering a breakneck, action-packed finale filled with double-crosses, greed and revenge.
Harrelson will play Sergeant Detective Jeffrey Allen, the uncle to the cop played by Casey Affleck
“Triple Nine” is due for release next year.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015