According to Deadline, “Rock of Ages” helmer Adam Shankman is set to direct a biopic on Madame Rose, the unconquerable mother of burlesque performer Gypsy Rose Lee and June Havoc, who would – and did – do anything to turn her daughter’s into stars.
Based on the memoirs of Lee, HBO Films’ “Madame Rose” will be executive produced by helmer Shankman and producing partner Jennifer Gigbot.
Tristine Skyler wrote the film.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014