Five have joined “American Sniper”, the Clint Eastwood-directed biopic starring Bradley Cooper as NAVY sharp-shooter Chris Kyle.
Deadline reports that Eric Close (“Nashville”), Navid Negahban (“Homeland”), Eric Ladin (”Boardwalk Empire”) and Rey Gallegos (”Gang Related”) are joining the cast. Meanwhile, The Wrap says former “Greek” and “Shameless” star – yep, seems Eastwood’s recruiting from TV – Jake McDorman is in talks for a role.
Negahban plays Sheikh al-Obeidi, an Iraqi local who is willing to help the SEALs find their target, for a fee. Ladin is Squirrel, a Southern California surfer kid who is part of the SEAL team. Gallegos plays Tony, chief of the SEAL team and one of the instructors during training. No details were available on Close’s character.
McDorman will play Kyle’s comrade Ryan Job, who earned the affectionate nickname ‘Biggles’ from a Navy SEAL instructor. The film’s comic relief, Biggles serves alongside Kyle over the course of multiple tours overseas.
Sienna Miller was recently cast as Kyle’s wife in the film.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014