Dreamworks has picked up the rights to Paula Hawkins’ novel “The Girl on the Train”, reports Variety.
The thriller centres on a young woman who is thrust into the midst of a murder investigation after becoming a witness on her daily commute.
Marc Platt is set to produce the project through his Marc Platt Productions banner.
The novel is Hawkins’ first to be published after having worked in journalism for 10 years.
Transworld (Random House’s UK crime/thriller imprint) has acquired the UK publishing rights for a 2015 release while Penguin has the US publishing rights.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.