Pablo Larrain is set to direct Universal’s “Scarface” reboot.
This latest take on the story, previously told in both 1932 and 1983, will take a fresh angle. It will be set in Los Angeles and will centre on an immagrant’s rise in the criminal underworld. Variety reports that the title character will likely be Mexican.
The current draft of the script has been written by Paul Attanasio.
Producer of the 1983 “Scarface”, Marty Bregman, will produce with Marc Shmuger of Global Produce.
Larrain’s 2012 project “No” was an Academy Award nominee for foreign language film. He’s also known for 2008’s “Tony Manero” and “Post Mortem” (2010).
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
- Jay Roach will tame the Mad Dogs - January 29, 2015
- 300: Rise of an Empire helmer to take on heist drama - January 29, 2015
- Swank and Sarandon join animated comedy Spark - January 29, 2015
- Trailer: Ted 2 - January 29, 2015
- Scandal’s Jenna Bans sells new show to ABC - January 29, 2015
- Supergirl’s love interest is cast! - January 29, 2015
- Geoffrey Rush will play Oliver! composer - January 29, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.