Pablo Larrain is set to direct Universal’s “Scarface” reboot.
This latest take on the story, previously told in both 1932 and 1983, will take a fresh angle. It will be set in Los Angeles and will centre on an immagrant’s rise in the criminal underworld. Variety reports that the title character will likely be Mexican.
The current draft of the script has been written by Paul Attanasio.
Producer of the 1983 “Scarface”, Marty Bregman, will produce with Marc Shmuger of Global Produce.
Larrain’s 2012 project “No” was an Academy Award nominee for foreign language film. He’s also known for 2008’s “Tony Manero” and “Post Mortem” (2010).
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
- TV Spot: Marvel’s Daredevil - March 30, 2015
- Sacha Baron Cohen is Freddie Mercury - March 29, 2015
- Is Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine for the ‘last time’? - March 29, 2015
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.