Pablo Larrain is set to direct Universal’s “Scarface” reboot.
This latest take on the story, previously told in both 1932 and 1983, will take a fresh angle. It will be set in Los Angeles and will centre on an immagrant’s rise in the criminal underworld. Variety reports that the title character will likely be Mexican.
The current draft of the script has been written by Paul Attanasio.
Producer of the 1983 “Scarface”, Marty Bregman, will produce with Marc Shmuger of Global Produce.
Larrain’s 2012 project “No” was an Academy Award nominee for foreign language film. He’s also known for 2008’s “Tony Manero” and “Post Mortem” (2010).
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.