The director of the “Anchorman” movies is teaming with Brad Pitt to bring to the screen “The Big Short”, based on the book by Michael Lewis.
Paramount, Plan B and writer/director Adam McKay have agreed to collaborate on an adaptation of Lewis’ best-seller ”The Big Short: Inside The Doomsday Machine” about the housing and credit bubble of the 2000s. The film will be produced by Paramount and Brad Pitt’s Plan B. Pitt previously starred in and produced Lewis’ “MoneyballL,” which earned an Academy Award®-nomination for Best Picture.
“Michael Lewis has the amazing ability to take complex formulas and concepts and turn them into page turners. Plan B and I connected over that breathless quality the book has. Very excited to jump into this,” said McKay.
Said Adam Goodman, Paramount Film Group President, “I am so excited as this project marks my third collaboration with Adam McKay – a tremendously talented filmmaker and one of my favorite storytellers.”
Said Plan B, “There are those rare literary treasures – as with “THE BIG SHORT” – that park in the harbor and you just wait, with hope. Adam McKay is a singular voice and talent and a ferocious mind – the vector of Adam and this book is what a producer dreams of.”
McKay most recently co-wrote, produced and directed the sequel “Anchorman 2 : The Legend Continues,” for Paramount Pictures. The hit film has grossed over $170m globally. nch
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015