Greg Jacobs will step in for his long-time employer on the “Magic Mike” sequel.
Jacobs, Steven Soderbergh’s assistant, has been tapped for the directing job on Soderbergh’s 2012 hit, according to Indie Wire.
Titled “Magic Mike XXL”, the sequel seems to have most of the original cast – including Channing Tatum and Joe Manganiello – booked for a reprise, with filming taking place in the Fall.
Jacobs previously directed the 2007 thriller “Wind Chill” starring Emily Blunt.
“Magic Mike” was loosely based on Channing Tatum’s previous life as a stripper.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014