Greg Jacobs will step in for his long-time employer on the “Magic Mike” sequel.
Jacobs, Steven Soderbergh’s assistant, has been tapped for the directing job on Soderbergh’s 2012 hit, according to Indie Wire.
Titled “Magic Mike XXL”, the sequel seems to have most of the original cast – including Channing Tatum and Joe Manganiello – booked for a reprise, with filming taking place in the Fall.
Jacobs previously directed the 2007 thriller “Wind Chill” starring Emily Blunt.
“Magic Mike” was loosely based on Channing Tatum’s previous life as a stripper.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015