Greg Jacobs will step in for his long-time employer on the “Magic Mike” sequel.
Jacobs, Steven Soderbergh’s assistant, has been tapped for the directing job on Soderbergh’s 2012 hit, according to Indie Wire.
Titled “Magic Mike XXL”, the sequel seems to have most of the original cast – including Channing Tatum and Joe Manganiello – booked for a reprise, with filming taking place in the Fall.
Jacobs previously directed the 2007 thriller “Wind Chill” starring Emily Blunt.
“Magic Mike” was loosely based on Channing Tatum’s previous life as a stripper.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015