Zac Efron will star in and produce a feature film based on John Grisham’s best-seller “The Associate”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Neighbors” star will produce the drama, via his Ninjas Runnin’ Wild production outfit alongside Red Wagon Entertainment’s Lucy Fisher and Doug Wick.
Grisham’s legal thriller was originally published on January 27, 2009. The story follows a Yale Law School grad (Efron) who is blackmailed by a group of criminals. He’s told he must take a job at the world’s largest law firm, where he’ll be spying on their work in a dispute between two powerful defense contractors worth billions.
Efron, who also produced “That Awkward Moment”, will be hiring a writer before approaching studios.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014