Will Ferrell is set to star in tennis flick “Match Maker”.
The film is based on Don Van Natta Jr.’s ESPN.com article, “The Match Maker: Bobby Riggs, the Mafia and the Battle of the Sexes”, which looks at the high profile rivalry between tennis greats Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs. The article centres on their 1973 battle of the sexes tennis match when 29-year-old female King took on the retired 55-year-old male Riggs.
The flick will be penned by Steve Conrad (“The Secret Life of Walter Mitty”) and will be produced by Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping and David Ready (Chernin Entertainment), and Ferrell, Jessica Elbaum and Adam McKay (Gary Sanchez Prods).
“Match Maker” becomes the next film on an ever lengthening list of sports projects for Ferrell. These include basketball pic “Semi-Pro”, ice skating pic “Blades of Glory”, “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby” Ferrell’s NASCAR film and, of course, “Kicking and Screaming” in which Ferrell takes on the coaching job of a kids soccer team.
He last appeared in “The Lego Movie” and “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues”.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.