Unchain Sloth, a “Goonies” sequel might finally be on the way!
There have been umpteen rumours over the years regarding a sequel to director Richard Donner’s childhood-pleasurable – everything from a sequel to a remake, an even an animated feature have been mooted at one time or another – but latest word suggests the follow-up to the 1985 hit might actually be coming to fruition.
Speaking to TMZ, Donner – who has been keen to see a sequel to the adventure classic for years – says the sequel is coming.
Asked if he was going to make another comic book movie, the filmmaker said, “If you call ‘Goonies’ a comic book. We’re doing a sequel.”
Donner also said he hopes most of the original cast – which included Corey Feldman, Sean Astin, Martha Plimpton, Keri Green and Josh Brolin – would be back.
There have been a couple of scripts written over the years for “Goonies” sequels – one that featured the Goonies’ kids taking centre stage, one that had the original crew reprising their roles as adventurers. No word on what Donner’s got planned for this one.
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.