One-time ‘Pianist’ Adrien Brody is joining Salma Hayek and Shoreh Aghdashloo in “The Septembers of Shiraz”, the Millennium Films thriller that begins shooting June 9.
Wayne Blair, director of Aussie gem (geddit?) “The Sapphires”, is directing the picture.
The film is based on the book by Dalia Sofer, and tells of a secular Jewish family caught in the Islamic revolution in Iran, and their journey to overcome and ultimately escape from the deadly tyranny that swept their country and threatened to extinguish their lives at every turn.
Gerard Butler is one of the producers on the film.
The movie shoots in Bulgaria.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014