A while back someone let slip that locations in Morocco and Tunisia would be J.J Abram’s first stop on the soon-to-lens “Star Wars Episode VII”.
Well, seems the report wasn’t completely accurate – the film will kick off in Abu Dhabi, with the locale playing Luke Skywalker’s home city, Tatooine.
Tatooine, of course, was seen in most of the ‘saga’ – but particularly in “A New Hope”. Tunisia stood-in for the planet in the previous installments. It was decided not to return to Tunisia for the film, because of the political unrest there – it would’ve been too risky for a project as large as “Star Wars”.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the production will be recreating the planet of Tatooine on-location in Abu Dhabi. Filming will commence in the city in mid-May, and it’ll last for four weeks.
Most of the film will be shot in Pinewood Studios in the UK, but like George Lucas, Abrams wants to shoot as much on-location stuff as he can.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014