A while back someone let slip that locations in Morocco and Tunisia would be J.J Abram’s first stop on the soon-to-lens “Star Wars Episode VII”.
Well, seems the report wasn’t completely accurate – the film will kick off in Abu Dhabi, with the locale playing Luke Skywalker’s home city, Tatooine.
Tatooine, of course, was seen in most of the ‘saga’ – but particularly in “A New Hope”. Tunisia stood-in for the planet in the previous installments. It was decided not to return to Tunisia for the film, because of the political unrest there – it would’ve been too risky for a project as large as “Star Wars”.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the production will be recreating the planet of Tatooine on-location in Abu Dhabi. Filming will commence in the city in mid-May, and it’ll last for four weeks.
Most of the film will be shot in Pinewood Studios in the UK, but like George Lucas, Abrams wants to shoot as much on-location stuff as he can.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015