A new still from “X-Men : Days of Future Past”, featuring Quicksilver (played by Evan Peters), has been released. Writer/producer Simon Kinberg spoke to EW about the character’s involvement in the film, saying he appears in a scene which involves helping Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Charles (James McAvoy) breaking Erik (Michael Fassbender) out of jail.
“That is the bulk of Quicksilver’s presence in this film,” says Kinberg. “They need somebody who can help them get in and out of somewhere. And the idea is that Logan knew him in the future and so they go to try to find his younger self.”
“The way we conceived him is a sort of an ADD kid,” says Kinberg. “Everything he does is just popping and zipping around. He doesn’t take anything seriously. He’s not in a situation for more than a few seconds. So it infused the movie with an energy that was really useful for us.”
In the comics, of course, Quicksilver and Magneto are blood.
“Quicksilver is Magneto’s son in the comics and there may be an allusion to it in the movie, but it’s not something we fully explore yet.”
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015