A new still from “X-Men : Days of Future Past”, featuring Quicksilver (played by Evan Peters), has been released. Writer/producer Simon Kinberg spoke to EW about the character’s involvement in the film, saying he appears in a scene which involves helping Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Charles (James McAvoy) breaking Erik (Michael Fassbender) out of jail.
“That is the bulk of Quicksilver’s presence in this film,” says Kinberg. “They need somebody who can help them get in and out of somewhere. And the idea is that Logan knew him in the future and so they go to try to find his younger self.”
“The way we conceived him is a sort of an ADD kid,” says Kinberg. “Everything he does is just popping and zipping around. He doesn’t take anything seriously. He’s not in a situation for more than a few seconds. So it infused the movie with an energy that was really useful for us.”
In the comics, of course, Quicksilver and Magneto are blood.
“Quicksilver is Magneto’s son in the comics and there may be an allusion to it in the movie, but it’s not something we fully explore yet.”
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014