A new still from “X-Men : Days of Future Past”, featuring Quicksilver (played by Evan Peters), has been released. Writer/producer Simon Kinberg spoke to EW about the character’s involvement in the film, saying he appears in a scene which involves helping Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Charles (James McAvoy) breaking Erik (Michael Fassbender) out of jail.
“That is the bulk of Quicksilver’s presence in this film,” says Kinberg. “They need somebody who can help them get in and out of somewhere. And the idea is that Logan knew him in the future and so they go to try to find his younger self.”
“The way we conceived him is a sort of an ADD kid,” says Kinberg. “Everything he does is just popping and zipping around. He doesn’t take anything seriously. He’s not in a situation for more than a few seconds. So it infused the movie with an energy that was really useful for us.”
In the comics, of course, Quicksilver and Magneto are blood.
“Quicksilver is Magneto’s son in the comics and there may be an allusion to it in the movie, but it’s not something we fully explore yet.”
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015