Gerard Butler is set to join the cast of director Dean Devlin’s sci-fi adventure “Geostorm”.
Devlin also wrote the film which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, will see Butler play “a stubborn but charming satellite designer”. He is forced to work with his estranged brother to save the world from a massive man-made storm when the world’s climate-controlling satellites fail.
“A trip into space follows, while on earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold,” reports THR.
Warner Bros. has also signed on to pick up the Skydance-produced project. Devlin’s Electric Entertainment will produce alongside.
Devlin has previously written other disaster pics such as “Independence Day” and “Godzilla”.
Butler is currently filming “Gods of Egypt” and will begin production on a “Point Break” remake in the US spring/summer.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.