Gerard Butler is set to join the cast of director Dean Devlin’s sci-fi adventure “Geostorm”.
Devlin also wrote the film which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, will see Butler play “a stubborn but charming satellite designer”. He is forced to work with his estranged brother to save the world from a massive man-made storm when the world’s climate-controlling satellites fail.
“A trip into space follows, while on earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold,” reports THR.
Warner Bros. has also signed on to pick up the Skydance-produced project. Devlin’s Electric Entertainment will produce alongside.
Devlin has previously written other disaster pics such as “Independence Day” and “Godzilla”.
Butler is currently filming “Gods of Egypt” and will begin production on a “Point Break” remake in the US spring/summer.
- Rachel Weisz sails into Colin Firth’s Donald Crowhurst biopic - April 1, 2015
- Mark Wahlberg to join CBS Films’ Boston Marathon project - April 1, 2015
- Poltergeist clown is back in new poster - March 31, 2015
- Sir Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds in Self/less Poster - March 31, 2015
- Hugh Jackman is Apostle Paul - March 31, 2015
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell joins TMNT2 - March 31, 2015
- Trailer: Spy - March 31, 2015
- Trailer: The D Train - March 31, 2015
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.