Gerard Butler is set to join the cast of director Dean Devlin’s sci-fi adventure “Geostorm”.
Devlin also wrote the film which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, will see Butler play “a stubborn but charming satellite designer”. He is forced to work with his estranged brother to save the world from a massive man-made storm when the world’s climate-controlling satellites fail.
“A trip into space follows, while on earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold,” reports THR.
Warner Bros. has also signed on to pick up the Skydance-produced project. Devlin’s Electric Entertainment will produce alongside.
Devlin has previously written other disaster pics such as “Independence Day” and “Godzilla”.
Butler is currently filming “Gods of Egypt” and will begin production on a “Point Break” remake in the US spring/summer.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.