Gerard Butler is set to join the cast of director Dean Devlin’s sci-fi adventure “Geostorm”.
Devlin also wrote the film which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, will see Butler play “a stubborn but charming satellite designer”. He is forced to work with his estranged brother to save the world from a massive man-made storm when the world’s climate-controlling satellites fail.
“A trip into space follows, while on earth a plot to assassinate the president begins to unfold,” reports THR.
Warner Bros. has also signed on to pick up the Skydance-produced project. Devlin’s Electric Entertainment will produce alongside.
Devlin has previously written other disaster pics such as “Independence Day” and “Godzilla”.
Butler is currently filming “Gods of Egypt” and will begin production on a “Point Break” remake in the US spring/summer.
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk slated for Veterans Day - April 18, 2015
- Penelope “Little Penny” Cruz joins Zoolander 2 - April 18, 2015
- The Limehouse Golum adds Alan Rickman, Olivia Cooke, Douglas Booth - April 18, 2015
- Three new Scream Queens Posters - April 18, 2015
- Trailer: Dope - April 18, 2015
- Gina Rodriguez nabs female lead in Purple Hearts - April 17, 2015
- Russell Brand joins Nicolas Cage’s Army of One - April 17, 2015
- Sarah Jessica Parker is getting a Divorce - April 17, 2015
- Herizen Guardiola to star in Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix drama The Get Down - April 17, 2015
- Steve Carell to star in doco adaptation Marwencol - April 17, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.