Robin Williams is set to pull on the sack-like dress and the musty knitted sweater once again.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “Elf” scribe David Berenbaum will write a “Mrs Doubtfire” sequel for Fox 2000.
A follow-up to the ’90s hit has been in the works for quite a few years, with Bonnie Hunt last on scripting duties. In a recent interview with Moviehole, Williams said they’d be trying to crack the sequel for years, but ultimately gave up.
Seems something – maybe the ratings on his fading sitcom “The Crazy Ones”? – has spurred the actor to give it another try.
Williams is attached to reprise his role as a struggling actor and divorced father who dresses up as an old, Scottish nanny in order to see his children while his ex-wife has custody.
Chris Columbus is set to return as director.
The Golden Globe winning original pic, released in 1993, was based on Anne Fine’s book and also starred Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan. It grossed $400 million at the international box office.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.