Robin Williams is set to pull on the sack-like dress and the musty knitted sweater once again.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “Elf” scribe David Berenbaum will write a “Mrs Doubtfire” sequel for Fox 2000.
A follow-up to the ’90s hit has been in the works for quite a few years, with Bonnie Hunt last on scripting duties. In a recent interview with Moviehole, Williams said they’d be trying to crack the sequel for years, but ultimately gave up.
Seems something – maybe the ratings on his fading sitcom “The Crazy Ones”? – has spurred the actor to give it another try.
Williams is attached to reprise his role as a struggling actor and divorced father who dresses up as an old, Scottish nanny in order to see his children while his ex-wife has custody.
Chris Columbus is set to return as director.
The Golden Globe winning original pic, released in 1993, was based on Anne Fine’s book and also starred Sally Field and Pierce Brosnan. It grossed $400 million at the international box office.
- The 2016 Golden Globe Awards are a-go! - January 28, 2015
- Elton John’s new show picked up by HBO - January 28, 2015
- Paramount shuffles three upcoming horror pics - January 28, 2015
- Will Smith’s Concussion to bow Christmas Day - January 28, 2015
- Ghostbusters cast and release date revealed! - January 28, 2015
- Trailer: Child 44 - January 28, 2015
- Roberts and Franco to team up for YA thriller Nerve - January 28, 2015
- Egypt’s Amr Waked joins Geostorm - January 26, 2015
- Watson to star as Beauty and the Beast’s Belle - January 26, 2015
- X-Men coming to a TV screen near you! - January 26, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.