A ‘Meet the Director’ vid has hit the web in which “Godzilla” helmer Gareth Edwards discusses his take on the film.
Turns out, he’s taking it very seriously indeed.
In the video titled “Gareth’s Godzilla”, the director discusses the analogical origins of the 1954 “Godzilla”, sci-fi as his passion and his background in computer graphics.
The director spoke of the creative team’s drive to make a film that treats the sci-fi genre genuinely and that pays tribute to the original film’s sense of consequence.
“In terms of doing Godzilla it was just like let’s take it seriously, let’s make the most realistic thing we can,” Edwards comments in the clip.
He also spoke of getting the graphics of the film right, commenting that “in this day and age it’s very easy to get seduced by the visual effects.”
“It’s one big visual foreplay I think in terms of the movie, in terms of trying to give the audience goosbumps when they watch this stuff.”
“Godzilla” will hit cinemas on May 16.
- Trailer: Mr. Holmes - April 21, 2015
- Five new Tomorrowland posters - April 21, 2015
- Trailer: Jurassic World - April 21, 2015
- Aloha poster has rom-com written all over it - April 21, 2015
- Emma Stone & Steve Carell to face off in a Battle of the Sexes - April 21, 2015
- Third Jurassic World Poster - April 20, 2015
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt takes The Walk on new poster - April 19, 2015
- Elizabeth Perkins follows Cooper to Preacher - April 19, 2015
- Jurassic World Poster 2 - April 19, 2015
- Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk slated for Veterans Day - April 18, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.