A ‘Meet the Director’ vid has hit the web in which “Godzilla” helmer Gareth Edwards discusses his take on the film.
Turns out, he’s taking it very seriously indeed.
In the video titled “Gareth’s Godzilla”, the director discusses the analogical origins of the 1954 “Godzilla”, sci-fi as his passion and his background in computer graphics.
The director spoke of the creative team’s drive to make a film that treats the sci-fi genre genuinely and that pays tribute to the original film’s sense of consequence.
“In terms of doing Godzilla it was just like let’s take it seriously, let’s make the most realistic thing we can,” Edwards comments in the clip.
He also spoke of getting the graphics of the film right, commenting that “in this day and age it’s very easy to get seduced by the visual effects.”
“It’s one big visual foreplay I think in terms of the movie, in terms of trying to give the audience goosbumps when they watch this stuff.”
“Godzilla” will hit cinemas on May 16.
- HBO will air 3 ½ Minutes - January 31, 2015
- Sony aquires Descender - January 31, 2015
- Idina Menzel to star in Ellen’s new show? - January 31, 2015
- Nick Cannon directing rom-com Three Little Words - January 31, 2015
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer and New Pics! - January 31, 2015
- Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan to star in Sleepless Night - January 31, 2015
- Jonah Hill, Andrew Mogel, Jarrad Paul to make Vegas Hackers film - January 31, 2015
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.