John Turturro has replaced Robert De Niro in the HBO event series “Criminal Justice”, says THR.
The series, a U.S. adaptation of Peter Moffat’s 2008 BBC drama of the same name, was originally a vehicle for former “Sopranos” actor James Gandolfini, who died shortly after shooting the pilot.
De Niro left over a scheduling clash; as such, his production company Tribeca Films is no longer involved with the project.
“Transformers” star Turturro will play “Jack Stone (Turturro), an ambulance-chasing lawyer who becomes involved in a case defending a young man accused of murdering a girl on New York’s Upper West Side.”
Riz Ahmed, Bill Camp, Peyman Moaadi and Poorna Jagannathan also star.
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015