John Turturro has replaced Robert De Niro in the HBO event series “Criminal Justice”, says THR.
The series, a U.S. adaptation of Peter Moffat’s 2008 BBC drama of the same name, was originally a vehicle for former “Sopranos” actor James Gandolfini, who died shortly after shooting the pilot.
De Niro left over a scheduling clash; as such, his production company Tribeca Films is no longer involved with the project.
“Transformers” star Turturro will play “Jack Stone (Turturro), an ambulance-chasing lawyer who becomes involved in a case defending a young man accused of murdering a girl on New York’s Upper West Side.”
Riz Ahmed, Bill Camp, Peyman Moaadi and Poorna Jagannathan also star.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014