John Turturro has replaced Robert De Niro in the HBO event series “Criminal Justice”, says THR.
The series, a U.S. adaptation of Peter Moffat’s 2008 BBC drama of the same name, was originally a vehicle for former “Sopranos” actor James Gandolfini, who died shortly after shooting the pilot.
De Niro left over a scheduling clash; as such, his production company Tribeca Films is no longer involved with the project.
“Transformers” star Turturro will play “Jack Stone (Turturro), an ambulance-chasing lawyer who becomes involved in a case defending a young man accused of murdering a girl on New York’s Upper West Side.”
Riz Ahmed, Bill Camp, Peyman Moaadi and Poorna Jagannathan also star.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015