John Turturro has replaced Robert De Niro in the HBO event series “Criminal Justice”, says THR.
The series, a U.S. adaptation of Peter Moffat’s 2008 BBC drama of the same name, was originally a vehicle for former “Sopranos” actor James Gandolfini, who died shortly after shooting the pilot.
De Niro left over a scheduling clash; as such, his production company Tribeca Films is no longer involved with the project.
“Transformers” star Turturro will play “Jack Stone (Turturro), an ambulance-chasing lawyer who becomes involved in a case defending a young man accused of murdering a girl on New York’s Upper West Side.”
Riz Ahmed, Bill Camp, Peyman Moaadi and Poorna Jagannathan also star.
- Lionsgate remaking Cube - May 1, 2015
- New Terminator : Genisys poster gives away a big spoiler! - May 1, 2015
- Simmons, Hirsch starring in The Runaway - May 1, 2015
- New Spectre video blog, stills - May 1, 2015
- Another solid science-fiction series cancelled - May 1, 2015
- Binge watch Duchovny’s Aquarius! - May 1, 2015
- Damien switches networks - May 1, 2015
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015