“Sequels are never as good”, says my 6-year old daughter.
Right you are, dear. So I’ll spare you of “Jungle Book 2″.
Perfectly OK, but essentially just a rehash of the original without the joy, stupendous songs, or emotional beats that had us dropping watery eye-output into our popcorn container first-time around, the direct-to-disc sequel sees Mowgli returning to the Jungle to visit his friend Balloo. As one might have guessed, Balloo’s old nemesis Shere Khan has been anxiously looking forward to the day the little adventurer swung back into their green terrain.
John Goodman is aptly cast as Balloo.
Blu-ray/DVD : The combo-pack offers very little in the way of extra features (deleted scenes, brief featurette, music track) but the video and audio presentation is a treat, with colours looking lush, detailed and popping with vibrancy. Though the soundtrack doesn’t pop like the original film did, the audio on the disc is equally as terrific.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.