Ellen DeGeneres is breaking away from the talk-show genre… Into furniture..?!
Yep, “Ellen’s Design Challenge” will see six contestants compete against one another when they are given 24 hours to design and build furniture.
The series will air six episodes with the last-contestant-standing winning a cash prize at the end.
The show will air on cable network HGTV in 2015.
DeGeneres’ production company A Very Good Production will produce with A. Smith & Co. in association with Telepictures, who also produce her daytime talk show.
“I’m so excited about this show because I love finding really special pieces of furniture,” said DeGeneres in a statement. “One time I found a beautiful one-of-a-kind armoire that spoke to me in a way I’d never experienced. It turned out there was a drifter living inside of it, but that’s a story for another time.”
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.